Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fuller's Brewer's Reserve Launched in Limited Release


Whiskey barrel aged beers were not hard to find in Denver last weekend at the GABF. Now London's Fuller Smith & Turner is showing its love of wood by releasing a beer aged in Scotch barrels.

Fuller's Brewer’s Reserve is a 7.7 percent alcohol by volume beer that spent more than 500 days in barrels that previous had been used to age an undisclosed 30-year-old Scotch.

Fuller's said the brew was a four year project and that 25,000 individually numbered bottles will be sold. The company had to convince British Customs officials to tax the new brew at the beer rate and not the higher levy charged for whisky.

Fuller's plans to use the Brewer's Reserve label for annual releases of limited edition beers.

2 comments:

Good Burp said...

I am so excited for this. I hope I can find a bottle or two.

Good Burp said...

How did I miss this? I hope I can find a bottle of this somewhere. Good work!