Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tuesday Tasting: Rogue Yellow Snow IPA


Tuesday Tasting is a regular feature of Lyke2Drink that explores some of the best beers, wines and spirits on the market. This week we sample a winter IPA from Oregon.

Rogue Ales has a tongue in cheek approach to brewing serious beers.  Hence the name "Yellow Snow." But while it is good advice not to eat yellow snow, it is a good idea to drink a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA.

Rogue Yellow Snow IPA pours a cloudy orange-gold color with a slightly off-white foamy head. The beer has a rich hoppy nose, with plenty of pine and spice notes. The Amarillo and Revolution hops come through pretty firm in the beer's 70 IBU body. This beer has the classic west coast IPA bitter finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tried a lot of beers, and I must say this beer has got to be the most bitter beer I have had to date. I have never tasted yellow snow, but I imagine this beer comes really close to it. If you are a fan of extremely bitter beer then this beer is a keeper. If you are a fan of light beer, then this beer will turn your world inside out. I'm more of a dark beer fan myself, but I enjoy ALL types of beers. I'm not meaning to down yellow snow in any way. I like to try every new beer I come across, and if your that way as well then I highly suggest you get your hands on a bottle of yellow snow. Its most definitely in a league of its own.