Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

If You Are Trapped Under the Furniture, Have a Flask of Whisky Nearby

If I ever have a large piece of furniture land on me, I hope I'm as lucky as Joe Galliott of Somerset, England.

Recently during a power outage, Galliott tripped over a phone cord in his home, fell against a sofa, which then landed on top of him, trapping him on the ground. He was unable to free himself because of a bad back and was trapped for two and a half days.

Galliott survived his 60-hour ordeal by sipping whisky.

The BBC reports that luckily for Galliott a bottle of whisky rolled near him and he was able to drink from it until a neighbor became concerned and investigated why he had not seen the 65-year-old man for sometime. "I took a sip of it and thought, well this isn't too bad," he said.

He spent 5 days in the hospital recovering from the incident and says he plans to keep a bottle of whisky near the sofa in the future, just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whiskey saved my life too. from my wife.