Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

GABF: A Special Delivery




A friend from Charlotte, Dick Rees mentioned to me a few months ago that his son was working at the Great Divide Brewing Co. in Denver. When I scheduled the trip out for the Great American Beer Festival I told Dick I'd be happy to take anything he wanted out to Taylor and personally deliver it to him.

Dick came up with a great idea. Taylor had recently taken up fly fishing and Dick had a vest that was gift from his wife three decades ago. I came up with a strange story about some guy stopping me in Charlotte Douglas Airport after hearing I was going to Denver and asking me to deliver a package to a guy named Taylor Rees at Great Divide. Taylor only caught on when he saw the vest and the attached note from his Dad.

It was fun playing postman for the day.

No comments: