Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

All About Beer's Growler List: 125 Places to Have a Beer Before You Die


Journalists write about news, it's seldom that what we write turns out to make news. But an article that I wrote for the new edition of All About Beer magazine is getting some buzz.

The Growler List: 125 Places to Have a Beer Before You Die is the cover story in the current issue. All About Beer has been covering the beer scene for nearly three decades and has reported about literally thousands of great places to enjoy a pint.

The Growler List has sparked a number of newspaper and television stories, including coverage by the Associated Press. That's great because it causes people to think about beer and where they drink it. It also helps promote a great magazine.

The Growler List is more art than science, but having a beer at one of the spots on this list is a special experience. It is already causing some debate on blogs and message boards, especially among people who think their favorite spot was snubbed. I can tell you that no insult was intended to the hundreds of other watering holes around the world that treat beer and those who enjoy beer with respect.

You can check out the list on the All About Beer website. I hope you get to enjoy as many of them as possible and let me know the places that I've missed along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good list. have only been to six of them, but in-laws live in Syracuse so I'll hit those two you mention. My only quibble: Why Top of the Hill in Chapel Hill and not He's Not or The Carolina Brewery. I know the view at TOH is awesome but the beer is horrid (least it was when I used to haunt the Hill).