Monday, July 28, 2008
Princeton Review 2009 Top Party Schools
It's an annual ranking that is anticipated almost as much as the first pre-season football poll. College administrators who love to be ranked at the top of almost every other list hate to hear their name called for this one -- even if it just might convince some students about which school they should attend.
The Princeton Review has issued its 2009 rankings of top party schools. The list is developed from a survey of 120,000 college students. The Florida Gators have earned the national championship this time around. The list is packed with big schools and a few surprises:
1. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
2. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
3. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.
6. Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Va.
7. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
8. University of Texas, Austin, Texas.
9. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
10. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
11. University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.
12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
13. University of Colorado, Boulder, Co.
14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
15. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
16. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
18. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
19. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
20. Loyola University-New Orleans, New Orleans, La.