Mediamark Research & Intelligence claims that after 25 years of consumer research it knows more about the habits of Americans than even the Census Bureau. They regularly conduct consumer research and sell that data to some of the nation's leading advertising agencies and brand marketers.
As part of a recent study, they asked consumers nationwide if they had consumed one or more glasses of Bourbon in the last 30 days. The results paint a picture of where America's Bourbon Belt can be found:
Top 10 DMA's reporting they've sipped Bourbon during the last month:
1. Memphis, Tenn.
3. Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss.
4. Louisville, Ky.
5. Knoxville, Tenn.
6. Mobile, Ala./ Pensacola (Ft. Walton Beach), Fla.
7. Nashville, Tenn.
8. Chattanooga, Tenn.
9. Huntsville/ Decatur (Florence), Ala.
10. Birmingham (Anniston and Tuscaloosa), Ala.
On the other end of the spectrum are the markets reporting the least amount of Bourbon consuming occasions:
1. Laredo, Texas
2. Yuma, Ariz./ El Centro, Calif.
3. Los Angeles
4. Seattle/ Tacoma
5. Eugene, Ore.
6. Harlingen/ Weslaco/ Brownsville/ McAllen, Texas
8. Baton Rouge, La.
9. Sioux City, Iowa
10. Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas