Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143 Drink: Firestone Walker Parabola


Firestone Walker Brewing has used Parabola as a major blending component in past anniversary brews and they call the barrel aged imperial stout "one of our most aggressive offerings." This is the first time they are bottling Parabola and the beer is actually a blend of several vintages.

Parabola is being used to launch the brewery's Proprietors Reserve Series. At a hefty 13 percent alcohol by volume and 80 IBUs this beer is not for those who buy into the new commercials that portray Miller Lite as a "man's beer."

Firestone Walker Parabola is an imperial stout with a nice Bourbon aroma. The beer pours a solid brown-black color with a moderate tan head. There is plenty going on with the flavor. The oak is present, along with some baker's chocolate, dark coffee and even hints of raisins. Plan on sharing the 22 ounce bottle. You will end up making friends.

1 comment:

Good Burp said...

I hope I can find a bottle of this. I don't know why I torment myself reading blogs about beer I can never have.
I hope you enjoy it for the rest of us. -Cheers.