DENVER, CO – Pints for Prostates has released a list of beers that 50 brewers are scheduled to pour beer at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI on Oct. 3.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is about the passion and craftsmanship behind some of America’s hardest to find brews,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “These talented craft brewers bring out some amazing exotic and vintage beers to help us raise awareness about a disease that impacts nearly 240,000 men annually in the United States.”
The beer list for Denver Rare Beer Tasting VI includes:
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska, Alaskan Eisbock;
- AleSmith Brewing, San Diego, Calif., 2012 Barrel Aged Grand Cru;
- Allagash Brewing, Portland, Maine, Neddles;
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo., Thensaurum;
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont., 2012 Barrel Aged Biere de Noel;
- Boston Beer, Boston, Mass., Samuel Adams KMF Grand Cru;
- Breckenridge Brewery, Breckenridge, Colo.*, 2014 Barleywine Batch #1;
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif., Befuddlement;
- Cascade Brewing, Portland, Ore., 2011 Tangerine Dream NW & 2013 Cerise Nouveau;
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del., Bourbon Barrel Aged WWS & Wood Aged Noble Rot;
- Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, Ore.*, Orange Giant Barleywine;
- Elevation Beer, Poncha Springs, Colo., Elitist;
- Elysian Brewing, Seattle, Wash., The Gourdfather Pumpkin Barleywine;
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing, Santa Barbara, Calif.*, The Grendel;
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif., Helldorado & Tequila Merkin;
- Fremont Brewing, Seattle, Wash.*, Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop;
- Full Sail Brewing, Hood River, Ore., 2007 Old Boardhead Barleywine;
- Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, N.C.*, Tree-to-Sea Gose;
- AC Golden Brewing, Golden, Colo., 2012 Ctyat, Dark Kriek, 2014 Imperial Stout;
- Grand Teton Brewery, Victor, Idaho*, Huckleberry Sour;
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo., Red Sophia;
- Green Flash Brewing, San Diego, Calif.*, Little Freak;
- Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, Loveland, Colo.*, The Wooden Path;
- Harpoon Brewery, Boston, Mass., Oatmeal Pale Ale & 2011 Chocolate Stout on Brett;
- Hogshead Brewery, Denver, Colo.*, Divine Right Russian Imperial Stout;
- Holy City Brewing, Charleston, S.C.*, 2012 Barrel-Aged New Year’s Resolution Doppelbock;
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Austin, Texas, Snörkel;
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, Mich., Lupulo de Hielo;
- Laughing Dog Brewing, Ponderay, Idaho, 2008 Dogfather Imperial Stout;
- Laughing Sun Brewing, Bismarck, N.D.*, 19th Amendment Stout;
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif., Whiskey Barrel-Aged Serpent's Stout;
- Maui Brewing, Lahaina, Hawaii*, A'a Imperial Golden Ale;
- Nebraska Brewing, Papillion, Neb., Attack of the 50 Foot Brunette;
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo., Oscar Kissed Cherry;
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C., Bourbon Barrel-Aged Olde Voyager & Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-Aged Monstro;
- NXNW Restaurant & Brewery, Austin, Texas*, Funk Jack;
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewing, Charlotte, N.C., Bourbon Barrel-Aged Anniversary Alt;
- Oskar Blues Brewing, Lyons, Colo., The White Buffalo West Coast IPA;
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo., Barrel-Aged Sump;
- Prairie Artisan Ales, Krebs, Ok., Return of the Legend (Balcones Barrel);
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo., River North Oud Bruin;
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore., Rogue Oregon Oak Whiskey Barrel-Aged Doppelsticke;
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif., Barrel-Aged Breakfast at Chico’s;
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif., 2005 Double Bastard;
- Thirsty Dog Brewing, Akron, Ohio, Cerasus Dog Flanders Style Sour with Michigan Cherries;
- Tröegs Brewing, Hershey, Pa., LaGrave;
- Union Craft Brewery, Baltimore, Md.*, Barrel-Aged Chessie the Barleywine & 2012 Snow Pants Oatmeal Stout;
- Weyerbacher Brewing, Easton, Pa., Pariah;
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C., Genesis;
- Wormtown Brewing, Worcester, Mass.*, Tart Project Flanders Red.
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Tickets for the event are on sale now. VIP tickets for the event are sold out, but a limited number of general admission tickets are still available for $110 each for the 1-4 p.m. tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A buffet lunch is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in a silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All ticket holders to this year’s Denver Rare Beer Tasting will be entered into a drawing for a 9-night BeerTrips.com organized tour for two of Belgium, the Czech Republic and Germany. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to Brussels, Prague, Bamberg and Cologne from Oct. 8-18, 2015. The trip includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 9 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, guided city tours, 9 breakfasts, 4 beer lunches and 4 beer dinners.
“Funds raised at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting are used to fund free men’s health screenings and for support groups for men and their families fighting the disease” said Lyke. “We reach men through the universal language of beer.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
Sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to support and take part in the event.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 240,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available at www.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).