Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Friday, November 09, 2007

A Few Days in Wine Country


It has been a busy time around Lyke2Drink. It's not an excuse for not publishing for a week, it's just my reality.

There were a couple of magazine deadlines in my freelance life and a strong level of client and new business activity around the office at my day job. All of that was sandwiched around a much needed vacation.

Vacation? Yup, but a busy one. There was my 47th birthday on Nov. 3rd, the 32nd anniversary of my first date with my wife, Sandy, on Nov. 2nd, and our 25th wedding anniversary on Nov. 5th. All of these milestones were celebrated during a wonderful trip to California. The good news is that the cross country journey included visits to more wineries than I can count in the Central Coast, Napa Valley and Sonoma appellations. Life is great when you can actually consider kicking back and celebrating to also be research.

Over the next few days I'll give you a full report on some of the places we visited and the wine we enjoyed. Grab a corkscrew.

No comments: