Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Day 122 Drink: Highland Brewing Auld Asheville XV Anniversary Vintage Ale


Highland Brewing Co. released its first brew in 1994 using retrofitted dairy equipment at its Asheville, N.C., brewery. The brewery is now one of the largest craft breweries in the Carolinas and Asheville has become a beer tourist destination. You can find Highland brews in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

Highland Brewing Auld Asheville XV Anniversary Vintage Ale is a 9.5 percent alcohol by volume English Old Ale. The ale pours a glowing cloudy red color with a thick amber tan head. Nice spicy nose and a great hoppy base flavor. A perfect anniversary brew.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

You know, I've been saving one of these in my fridge for a special occasion. I just realized my wife and I are probably going to head up to Asheville for our one-year anniversary this month. Maybe I'll bring it along!