Tag

Beer, Wine and Spirits. Tastings and Travel. News and Events. Classic Flavors from Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries Across the Drinks World.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 322 Drink: Hayman & Hill 2008 Meritage


Hayman & Hill produces its Monterey County Metritage using 47 percent cabernet sauvignon, 24 percent merlot, 14 percent cabernet franc, 13 percent malbec and 2 percent petit verdot. David Hayman and Dennis Hill source grapes from around California to make a variety of quality wines at value prices.

Hayman & Hill 2008 Meritage is a deep red color with a slightly sweet nose. The flavor goes in a different direction. There is good fruit depth, a persistent spiciness and a hint of smoke. Even with plenty of flavor, the wine is not heavy and can match up well with a variety of foods.

1 comment:

Mohamedster said...

This wine is GREAT! I love belnds and I found this blend <$15 at a grocery store. Tastes similar to NV7 (Caine Cuvee).

When I went back to the store to buy all they got, I found they only have the 2006 vintage which is pretty different %'s for the same price. I was skeptical and bought 6. I guess I will find out tonight if it tastes like the 2008.
2008: 47 CAB, 24 Merlot, 14 Franc, 13 Malbec, and 2 P. Verdot.
2006: 34 CAB, 16 Merlot, 31 Malbec, 5 Franc, and 14 P. Verdot.